Responsible for providing technical, administrative and management assistance and support within Comet Operations. Gaining a working understanding and knowledge of product and component details and specifications, operational processes and procedures, and ERP System interfaces and interactions. Using operational knowledge to assist Operational Utilization of ERP System (GP Dynamics) by assisting with assignment of part numbers, developing BOM’s, Routings, etc. Creating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Job Aids, and other documents to support overall Operations. Assist with training on use of created documents and procedures to aid current and future conformance. Assist in furthering use of and reinforcing defined processes across all facets of Operations.
Assist in other (i.e., Safety, OSHA, Environmental) Training as needed. Interact with Management, Operations Team, Sales Team, Vendors, Customers (internal and external) and outside support organizations to help Operations run as safely, smoothly, and as efficiently as possible. Execute and administer all new employee onboarding and orientation activities, maintain all files and pertinent records for above.
Function as point of contact and Comet representative for MRO vendors and suppliers: maintain agreements, track contract ageing, solicit quotations and bids, evaluate proposals, prepare, and present recommendations for Leadership approval, assure performance and provide vendor feedback when Comet expectations are not met.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on internal activities, processes, and procedures.
- Assist Operations’ departments with planning and administrative support.
- Backfill Operations positions as required to cover absences and staffing changes.
- Conducting and/or attending meetings, submitting reports, keeping records, and assisting Operations Leadership with administrative tasks.
- Training Campus/Operations team members on applicable required topics and maintaining records of said training.
- Assist with utilization of ERP/MRP functionality of GP Dynamics to control inventory, schedule activities, plan resources and capture applicable information.
- Solicit quotations for identified vendor needs, review and present for approvals, meet with vendors, communicate expectations, and provide vendor feedback regarding performance.
- Assist Procurement team with purchasing and inventory management of MRO supplies and production materials as needed.
- Perform all other administrative and support duties as identified and conveyed by Operations Leadership.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Prior experience in administrative support for Operations, Manufacturing, Sales, or Distribution.
- Experience overseeing and coordinating compliance regarding safety and regulatory programs (OHSA, Missouri and Federal Labor Laws).
- Driven self-starter and a good listener with effective communication skills, both oral and in written.
- Experience working in ERP manufacturing environments (Dynamics GP) and interfacing applications.
- Technical proficiency, able to use computers and generate reports.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong communication skills, ability to teach, train and support team members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in a related field, or HS Diploma with relative experience.
- LEAN training and/or certification a plus.
- 2+ years’ experience in Operations, Manufacturing, Sales, or Distributions administrative support.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP systems in operational environments.
Working conditions are a typical office environment with regular exposure to and interaction with Production Floor, Warehouse and Yard. Operational environments can result in exposure to hot, cold, and inclement weather conditions, uneven (gravel) surfaces and may require appropriate PPE including but not limited to, closed toe and/or safety shoes, hearing and eye protection, respirator, hard hat, and safety vest. Work may involve occasional lifting to 50 lbs.