Are you looking to be part of a local growing company providing materials and service to a century old industry? At Comet you will find a fast-paced energetic culture that is customer focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to provide high quality products and service to the Railroad Industry and infrastructure. Join us and Apply today!
Position Hours: Monday to Friday 7:45am – 4:15pm
Pay Rate: Up to $18 per hour (commensurate with experience).
Benefits: 401(k) w/match, Insurance, Holidays, Paid Time Off.
Onsite walk-in interviews Monday-Thursday 9am-3pm!
What you will be doing:
- Order fulfillment – stocking, restocking, picking and packing, and outbound shipping of customer orders.
- Loading and unloading trucks, trailers, and containers with forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Use RF scanning equipment to pick, track, adjust and verify products for inventory and distribution.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area to assure efficiency and help prevent work related injuries.
- Verify product received against receiving documents, notes and report discrepancies and any obvious damages.
- Verify products being shipped against shipping documents, notes, Bills of Lading, and Packing Lists.
- Complete System Transactions to assure physical and virtual inventories match.
- Perform daily cycle counting and researching discrepancies.
What your background should look like
High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to work in a NON-climate-controlled facility.
- Ability to read and understand the English language.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting distribution standards.
- Motivated, hard-working and dependable; attendance and punctuality are very important.
- Able to work the shift-hours listed above, plus overtime. (Overtime is minimal and as needed to meet production and shipping schedules).
- Able to perform repetitive and manual tasks on a consistent basis.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively; 75 lbs. occasionally (products vary in weight and size)
- Comfortable walking extensively over various surfaces and terrain.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Comfortable working indoors and outdoors including in temperature extremes and inclement weather.
Nice to have:
- Forklift Certification (we will train and certify all operators).
- Warehouse or Distribution experience.
- Familiar with use of RF scanning equipment.